Booking an Appointment
All of our doctors will help you deal with Acute and long-term health problems and illnesses. This will always involve advice on how you can help yourself, sometimes it will involve treatment in the surgery or medication, and at others referral to local hospitals may be necessary.
Patients can see the doctor of their choice and for ongoing and long-term health problems it is usually best to see the same doctor. However, when you need to see a doctor urgently it may not always be possible to see your usual doctor.
To book an appointment, please either:
- Call our main switchboard number - 0121 475 7997
- Visit reception in person.
Please note: We make every effort to keep appointment times but there may be occasions when clinics unavoidably overrun.
explanation of Shenley Green Surgery's appt system for ptnts.pdf
Helping the Appointment Sytem to Run Smoothly
- If you are unable to keep your appointment please notify the surgery as soon as possible,by telephoning reception 0121 475 7997
- One appointment is for one person. If you want another member of your family to see the doctor or nurse, please book a further appointment.
- When arriving at the surgery for your appointment, always use the self check-in screen or personally inform a receptionist
- Sometimes people can forget to tell the doctor all the important information about their problem. It may help to write your symptoms down before you arrive.
- If you don’t understand what the doctor or nurse says to you, please don’t be afraid to ask for a further explanation.
- It can sometimes help to have a partner or friend with you.
- If you are seeing the doctor to discuss the result of an investigation or a recent hospital treatment, check with reception first that any important results or letters have been received.
- Appointments may not be required to have insurance forms completed or renewal of sickness certificates. Please ask at reception
- If you would like a chaperone please speak to the Doctor.
We are now sending text reminders and invitations to all patients who have given us their mobile numbers. If you haven't yet provided us with your mobile number and would like to receive text reminders, please contact the surgery as soon as possible. Also if you have recently changed your mobile number, please let us know.